Friday, August 8, 2008

Texas, Wedding, Friends, Community

Well, July 25th the kids and I flew to Dallas. Natalie was asked to be a flower girl in our neighbors wedding. She was 14 when we moved into our house and now she is all grown up! James was also asked to officate the wedding, so a big ole family affair. I have been a bit homesick this summer and so I convinced my husband to allow the kids and I a week in Dallas ahead of the wedding festivities. I'm so grateful he allowed us to go. I really needed it.

We stayed with our dear friends. They have small children (the oldest is 6) add my 2 in there and it was a crazy household of fun. The kids played great all week, we swam, had a playdate with about 12 other moms and their kids(I'm pretty sure it was over 30 moms/kids under one roof). No one really went outside as it was horribly HOT. We also went to see a butterfly exhibit at a nature

At the wedding Natalie was just adorable and smiled so perfectly for the camera, I'm quite certian there were nearly as many pictures of her as the bride! James also did outstanding and I think made the wedding just beautiful with his "officiation".

The trip was really refreshing for me. I was able to spend excellent quality time with my mom, and dear friends. I've realized over the past 2 months how important being tightly knit to God's people through community really is. These friendships have changed my life and continue to do so. I have been reminded of how Paul the apostle longed to see the "saints" that he wrote to. It's all through out the letters. Never before did I quite understand how deep this longing could be. Not until now. It's amazing to me how life situations can put such an illumiation on scripture and make something written a very long time ago, relavant to us right now.

We are blessed with many new friendships in San Diego, and with time I'm certian they will be as deep, and meaningful as the ones we cherish in Dallas. I doubt seriously this will take away the longing in our hearts to be with our friends... (although we do not long for the Texas heat for one second!)


Jameson Sharing Daddy's flower with Nana! She kept him during the wedding.

Natalie went swimming after the rehearsal. Our neighbors allowed us to swim there all summer last summer! We sure miss them! (this is the Bridesmaid Natalie stood next too during the ceremony, she and Natalie became instant friends!)