Friday, April 11, 2008

Retail is for suckers!

That's the new slogan/logo for Divine Consign and I love it and I think quite possibly my favorite new saying! DC is a twice yearly consignment sale that is everything baby/kid/maternity. Clothes, toys, baby gear, mommy gear, you name it they have it. I've been faithful volunteer/shopper that I am now staff. They don't pay staff with money, but rights to shop FIRST. We get the pick of the lot. A week ago I headed to Grapevine for that event. The spring sale is over, but make plans for the last of August because if you have small kids you won't want to miss it! The Plano sale has about 55,000 items, Yes Fifty Five THOUSAND things to choose from...

So on that note, I am in desperate need of some new to me threads too. DC does not sell clothes for non-pregnant mommies, so wanting to be thrifty and not pay retail I decided to check out a local thrift store. (Hey it's almost Earth Day, why not try some recycled clothes!)The last time I was in a thrift store I was looking for a costume for a play 14 years ago. Why did I not think of this sooner! Here I am with my new to me jeans... they were $1.99. They sell used on eBay for $15. Oh and the T-shirt I got for working Divine Consign it says "Retail is for suckers"
On my trip to the thrift store I picked up 2 pairs of jeans 4 pairs of shorts 2 capri's for me, 5 pairs of shorts for Natalie and 2 pairs of shorts for my husband. All in great shape, mostly name brands, for a total of $40! RETAIL IS FOR SUCKERS!