Tuesday, April 8, 2008

God has you right where He wants you

Seems like a cliche to me and a rather trite saying to offer to someone going through some difficult time. But something I've been doing a lot of pondering about lately. Also other cliche's. "Everything happens for a reason" or "In God's timing it will happen" I mean, really where did such sayings come from. They seem so over used by so many do they genuinely mean anything any more. What if we really MEANT it when we said it... AND what if we mean it for ourselves too. It sure is easy to say to someone else but to actually hear it for ourselves... we don't often ponder it.

The other day, my mother in-law was sitting on my couch. She had foot surgery 5 months ago. She was told that the recovery would be 6 to 8 weeks. She is still in a great deal of pain and limping around. Natalie totally loved how they got to ride the cart that goes "beep beep beep" while at Wal-mart... but "Mom-eye" is not thinking it's so funny to still be having such a hard time. I asked her if God was sanctifying her through this time... she looked at me with a blank look and admitted that she had not really thought about it.

This conversation gave me pause to check out the giant timbers lodged in my own eyes. I am getting frustrated with having my house on the market, keeping it SO super clean all the time. I feel like I'm living in limbo land. I can't really start looking for a new place to live yet, I really hate having boxes around so I won't start packing until we get someone to lease or buy this place.

I don't know how long it will take for us to get moved, much less how long it will take to find someone who wants our house.. But God has us right here at this very time for a reason, although we don't see the whole picture I'm sure it's beautiful and I'll rest in the Grace given for today and not fret over whens and ifs. That's a tall order for a recovering control freak!