Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm so puffy!

Well, last night we had our "Farewell Party" with very dear friends at Church... I woke up this morning and my eyes are all swollen and huge! Needless to say lots of tears were shed. I saw all these faces and could not help but to think of everything these people have meant to me over the past several years. We have lived life in close community with these people, developing deep friendships. We've shared all aspects of life... Babies have grown into amazing children, Teenagers into unbelievable young adults. Young adults have found love and gotten married. I can't even begin to count the number of pregnancies and babies we've joyously welcomed. We've seen families restored and lives completely changed. Not only have we celebrated, we've also grieved together. These losses many of us have experienced have proven to deepen our friendships. I had no idea that over 5 years ago when Providence started that the most meaningful relationships would emerge. One dear friend poetically called a particular period during the past 5 years as a "Golden Age" and well, in reflecting on my life as a whole, I can definitely say that the last 5.5 years is a "Golden Era" in my life. I will treasure all these memories in my heart. I will tell my children stories of these amazing friends God gave us.

Living life with the people of Providence changed my life.