Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nursing mommy!

Natalie has always been the nurturing type. She is very sweet and loving to her babies, I often find her taking care of them, rocking them putting them night night, covering them up...she has been doing this a lot more lately and added to that is a large amount of "nursing" and "nursing" talk.

She is just adorable when she does this too. She just does it as if it were completely natural, she's not embarrassed or shy but not flashy either. Just comfortable in her own skin about the whole thing. I love it!

So the other morning we were having some breakfast near James' work. We were the only ones in there that morning and Jameson and Natalie had already had breakfast at home, so they were nibbling on some fruit while we enjoyed breakfast burritos. I looked over at Natalie sitting in this huge arm chair and she was "nursing" her baby. She looked at me and said "my baby was fussy, she's hungry so I feed her" and sure enough...she had her shirt slightly lifted and her baby carefully placed in the crook of her arm. She chatted with us about what a good mommy she is to take care of her baby...when the baby was done, she sat her on the chair next to her...

This morning a conversation at the breakfast table went like this.

Natalie: "mommy, sometimes my baby is fussy at night and I have to feed her from my little boobies" (she calls hers little boobies and mine big boobies).

Me "was she fussy last night? Did you have to feed her?"

Natalie: "she was fussy but I could not feed her, I had my foot jammies on, I feed her if I wear my night gown though"