Saturday, April 26, 2008

One step closer


To California!

We received an offer for our house, sent a counter offer and they accepted it! We will be closing May 21st, we asked for a lease of the house for a couple of days (feels weird to "rent" our own house)...so in those extra days we "load up tha truck and move ta Beverly" Okay, not really Beverly Hills...a bit south...

I was on the phone with a Realtor in San Diego discussing housing options. We will be renting for a while while the market comes down a bit and we get a good idea of where we'd like to buy... So this very nice Realtor suggested Craigslist.com as a place to find rentals, then sweetly offered to take some photos and send them to me of any listings that don't have pictures...and give me a feel for the neighborhoods.

This triggered a very interesting thought... see a couple of weeks ago I got sort of freaked out, I was backing out of my driveway and a man was driving down the road, stuck his hand out of the open window and snapped a picture of my house.. This was really odd to me, I somehow felt violated...what could his motives be?

I thought nothing of having the Realtor in California take pictures of houses that really mean nothing to me... but was totally freaked out by some random schmo snapping a picture of MY house. Emphasis on MY! A house is a real home when you live in it, and make memories there, As a woman I think cleaning it somehow helps build this bond.. you have to care for a home...in Texas you even have to water it so it does not crack! After a while it just takes a place in your family! So I can see why some random house, that I don't even know the owners would not be any big deal for me to get pictures of it... but the thought of someone taking pictures of MY house.. I felt some sort of violation... almost like a stranger taking pictures of my children in public..


The Lord blessed us with this house for nearly 9 years, we've made scads of memories and it will be sad to leave. But we are uber excited for the next house and the memories it will hold!