Monday, February 18, 2008

Junk....

Our family is planning a cross country move sometime this year... We are moving from a good size home to an area that is known for very high housing prices... Plus when hiring a mover, we will be paying per pound to have our stuff toted to a new dwelling. I really don't want to pay and deal with moving junk we don't use,need or love. So it's going, and NOT with us!

I have gone through nearly every room, drawer, and hiding place digging out junk to get rid of. It feels so good to purge things that just seem to weigh us down.

I've piled it up in my garage and will attempt to off load it to suckers driving down the road. Maybe they will need,use and/or love some of my junk...pay me happily for it and take it away forever. I've been calling this event a "garage sale" when I should be calling it a "junk sale" as we are selling our junk not our garage or even our yard.

Now I love stuff that makes my job as a mom/wife more simple, but does that mean we need so much junk? Doesn't it just clutter our minds more? having it piled in every nook and cranny of our home, doesn't it just stay on our minds that it's there, a hidden mess, or even well organized (if your into that)... I know it does mine. as I carry boxes of crud to my garage I feel less weight on my mind.

I can't wait to get my house on the market, all clean, uncluttered, organized, ordered and rid of all this JUNK! I shall report on any mood change it makes in the rest of my family... (although keeping a house on the market might add a bit of insanity of not being able to "live" in our home.....but alas I cannot dwell on that right now. )

I wonder if I'll have more people stop to pay for my junk if I make the signs read "Junk Sale" or "Garage Sale" ?